Categories: Top story

YouTuber Brandon Buckingham Receives $282K on GoFundMe Amid Health Issues


UPDATE 11/24/2025 at 4:26 p.m. — A GoFundMe page created by YouTuber Brandon Buckingham to support his recovery from serious health issues has raised nearly $300,000.

Buckingham, 30, created the fundraiser on Saturday, November 22, after revealing that he had been in the hospital for organ failure the previous day.

“Hey guys, my name is Brandon Buckingham, It really pains me to write this, but I feel obligated to only because I have an 11-month old baby who is taken care of by my beautiful stay at home wife whom I provide for,” he wrote in the description. “Four days ago i woke up not knowing where I was, completely deaf, my feet were swollen and I was in severe pain. I was rushed to the urgent care and eventually the ICU. I was very disoriented and confused.”

Buckingham continued, “The initial diagnosis was acute systolic heart failure, kidney failure, and liver failure, all things brought on by pneumonia and subsequent sepsis or possibly tuberculosis. The good news is they no longer think I have tuberculosis. The bad news is my heart is still failing, and my lungs, liver and kidneys are all still in very rough shape.”


Related: British Influencer, 29, Back in ICU After Lung Collapsed Amid Pneumonia

British influencer Ashley Surcombe faced a setback in her ongoing health scare. Surcombe, 29, was hospitalized in late March after being found unconscious in her South Korea apartment. After nearly a week in an intensive care unit, Surcombe was moved to a general floor. However, she was readmitted to the ICU on Wednesday, April 2, […]

The influencer said he has a “very long recovery” ahead and said he may be on bedrest for “two to four months.”

“I will need help with things like my mortgage, utilities, baby supplies and the over 100k in medical bill debt i have racked up while dealing with this nightmare. I also will likely need to be on heart medication the rest of my life,” he added.

“I’ve never asked for help before, but my heart is currently only working at 15-20 percent, so if anyone out there cares, please consider donating to my GoFundMe to help me provide until I am able to work again. As well as help pay off the over 100k dollars of medical debts I have racked up. And if you aren’t able to donate, please consider supporting by watching my videos as I won’t be able to upload new ones for a while,” Buckingham concluded. “Thank you all for your love and prayers, this has been the scariest time in my life and all your support has meant the world to me.”

The fundraiser had a goal of $75,000. It has earned more than $282,000 from over 7,000 donors as of publication.

Original story continues below:

YouTuber Brandon Buckingham has revealed that he’s entered intensive care in a heartbreaking health update.

“In the ICU, my heart is failing, my lungs are failing, my liver and kidneys are failing,” Buckingham, 30, wrote via X on Friday, November 21. “Things are not looking good my friends. I love you guys.”

Fans and friends sent prayers and support in the replies.

“You’re not going out like this. Keep fighting, we’re all praying for you,” one user wrote, while another person added, “You have faced much harsher conditions and places than an ICU. Stay strong.”

“It’s not your time yet, we’re all praying for you,” a third fan commented.

The update came two days after the social media personality shared that “doctors believe [he has] tuberculosis, septic pneumonia, and/or liver failure.”

“Pray for me guys,” Buckingham added.

Buckingham appeared to be on the mend roughly one week before his latest post. He took to X on November 10 to share a photo of himself in a hospital bed and wrote, “Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I sincerely appreciate it. I’m out of the hospital for now and my condition seems to have stabilized. God willing, in a few weeks I will be able to start improving.”

Courtesy of Brandon Buckingham/Instagram

It’s unclear exactly what led to Buckingham’s health battle or when it began. However, the content creator — who has amassed 1.21 million subscribers on YouTube for his documentary and man-on-the-street style videos — revealed that he was also struggling with his mental health in late September.

“I haven’t been in a good place for a bit. I know I haven’t answered anyone’s texts or calls in a while … I know everyone has been worried about me … I’m sorry for that, it is not my intention to worry everyone,” he wrote via Instagram. “I am struggling with my mental health. I just got the call my grandma passed away this morning. I feel I have more people waiting for me in heaven than here on earth. I think God has a plan for me that I don’t understand. I love you grandma, say hi to Kyle for me. I wish I could die with you 💔.”

Buckingham received an outpouring of support in the comments section.

“Bro we need you here! You’re one of the greatest guys I know and don’t let the negative self talk get to you. I’m here for anything,” one person wrote.


Related: Floribama Shore’s Kirk Medas on Ventilator Amid Necrotizing Pancreatitis

Floribama Shore alum Kirk Medas has been hospitalized with a “severe” case of necrotizing pancreatitis. “Our friend Kirk has been in the ICU for over two weeks now,” fellow Floribama Shore personality Aimee Elizabeth Hall wrote via Instagram on Thursday, May 1, sharing a hospital photo of her 33-year-old costar. “He’s currently on a ventilator, […]

“You gonna get through it bro. Everything is perspective in life 🙏❤️‍🩹 sending love n positive energy,” another user added.

Buckingham’s latest YouTube video was a November 11 documentary filmed in Lebanon about the “homeless child epidemic in the Middle East.” His past projects have covered topics like the Million Dollar Extreme sketch comedy troupe, housing projects in Virginia, the housing crisis in Hawaii and more. Rapper Machine Gun Kelly, YouTuber Tommy G and others have appeared as guests on his channel.

If you or someone you know is in emotional distress or considering suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

admin

Share
Published by
admin

Recent Posts

Boston Blue Recast Andrew Terraciano After Blue Bloods: Where Is He Now?

After playing Donnie Wahlberg‘s son Sean Reagan on Blue Bloods, Andrew Terraciano was recast in…

27 minutes ago

4 Movies Leaving HBO Max in December 2025 You Have to Watch Right Now

Before he directed The Batman, Matt Reeves helmed Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,…

2 hours ago

Niamh Cullen Says ‘Home Has Never Not Been Empty’ After Husband’s Death

Irish influencer Niamh Cullen is opening up about life without her late husband, Jamie Gill,…

3 hours ago

Legendary playwright Sir Tom Stoppard dies aged 88 | UK News

Playwright Sir Tom Stoppard, who won an Oscar and a Golden Globe for Shakespeare In…

3 hours ago

Latine Celebs Are Doing Away With Code-Switching

I had just sent a voice note to my friend when a curious feeling came…

4 hours ago

Football Hall of Fame Apologizes for Wrongly Announcing NFL Star’s Death

The Pro Football Hall of Fame has publicly apologized for wrongly announcing the death of…

4 hours ago